You Know… Pat Misch Isn’t Half Bad
You could say that much of the team is a mish-mash, but after getting out of a bases loaded jam last night against the Dodgers, left-handed reliever Pat Misch has stranded eight of his nine inherited runners since coming to the Mets. In addition, he has only given up one earned run.
Misch was acquired off waivers from the San Francisco Giants, where he had compiled an ERA of 10.80 with 0 K’s. Since coming to the Mets, he has an ERA of 1.04 in 12 appearances with 7 K’s. Granted he gives up many walks, 4 since coming over, a problem that has haunted him even during his days with the Giants. Another interesting stat is that he is throwing less than four pitches per plate appearance, and batters are hitting .194 against him as a Met.
Granted, this could just be the short-term Nieve-effect of changing scenery, but as long as he’s stranding inherited runners, this could allow us to rest Feliciano.
Till Next Time
About the Author: Former Writers
- Mr North Jersey: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: I guess I am not a simpleton...
- Sims: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Satin isn't on the Mets 40-man roster....
- Djmurphy: on If Zack Wheeler Is In, Then Who’s Out?: Agree 100% with article gee n mars...
- Metsie: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: Oh Please he is not telling them...
- Donal: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: Freak of nature. Has anyone ever hit...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!