We’re less than two hours aways from the end of the trade deadline and not a peep from Omar and the Mets, worse yet not even a tweet.
Bob Nightengale of USA Today has tweeted:
The Red Sox are about to acquire Victor Martinez from Indians
This has been confirmed by MLB Network.
I’m surprised that Victor Martinez isn’t a Met. He seems to fit the mold of everything the Mets could use right now.
- He can catch and play first base.
- He’s a switch hitter who makes great contact and has a high OBP.
- Has a great line drive swing with good power that would play well at CitiField.
- He’s a team leader with a bulldog mentality.
- He comes with a 2010 option for a mere $7 million dollars.