Three Amigos: The Next Generation
After the ending to last night’s game, the Mets needed someone to step up today. Perhaps it would take the collective efforts of more than one man to erase the bitter taste of the Friday Follies that took place in the ninth inning. Maybe three men would be needed. Which men could lead the team back into the win column? Enter the Three Amigos, or as I like to call them, the Three Fernandos!
In the role of Lucky Day, we have Fernando Tatis, the leader of the Three Fernandos. He scored two runs, drove in another and continued to fill in nicely for Carlos Delgado at first base.
Playing Dusty Bottoms we have Fernando Martinez. He might not be the most experienced of the Three Fernandos, but he proved he belonged today, banging out three of the Mets’ 17 hits.
Rounding out the trio, we have Ned Nederlander, played by Fernando Nieve. He’s the fastest draw of the Three Fernandos and proved it by pitching 6 2/3 strong innings and keeping the likes of El Guapo (Derek Jeter), Jefe (Alex Rodriguez) and Castillo (Mark Teixeira) from doing damage today like they did in the ninth inning of last night’s game. The only one of the three who did any damage was El Guapo’s right-hand man, Jefe (Rodriguez), by hitting a typical Yankee Stadium home run that barely went over the wall in left field.
Will this trio continue to thwart the Evil Empire that is the Yankees, along with any other varmints that get in their way? Will they be able to get the rest of their teammates to band together to continue sewing up the opposition? Tune in next time to see the further adventures of… LOS TRES FERNANDOS! (Rated PG for Pretty Good)
About the Author: Ed Leyro
Ed Leyro was hatched in the Bronx, but spent most of his youth in Queens at Shea Stadium. Apparently, all that time spent at Mets games paid off as Ed met his wife (The Coop) for the first time at Citi Field during its inaugural season. Guess the 2009 season was good for something after all. In addition to his work at Mets Merized Online, Ed also owns, operates and is head janitor at Studious Metsimus, where he shares blogging duties with Joey Beartran. For those not in the know, Joey is a teddy bear dressed in a Mets hoodie. Clearly, Studious Metsimus is not your typical Mets blog.
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: He kills every pitcher....has he put "Everyday...
- Bill J: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: Gee was clearly running on fumes and...
- Hans: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: The Fox announcers are learning how bad...
- RandomGuy: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: Thats the second home run Gee has...
- Paul's Mets: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: Gee looking better. Gee, Marcum, Niese have been...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!