The Verdict Is In On Beltran… He’s Okay!
You can all breathe easier Mets fans, as our good friend Adam Rubin of the Daily News reports the following…
Carlos Beltran’s trip to Vail, Colo., provided a reassuring diagnosis, a source familiar with the examination told the Daily News.
Dr. Richard Steadman, who examined Beltran on Monday, agreed with the team medical staff’s assessment that the center fielder is suffering from a bone bruise. Steadman is expected to recommend Beltran remain inactive slightly longer than Mets doctor David Altchek initially suggested — until after the All-Star break. The doctors had yet to speak as of Tuesday morning, according to a source.
After suffering through countless injuries on so many of our key players including our core players, this news is very comforting to say the very least.
I saw many a fan hitting the panic button when one paper hinted that Carlos Beltran could be lost for the season and that his injury could be career ending. I refused to post that unsubstantiated hyperbole and innuendo on this site.
So, after all the flubs the Mets medical team has made this season, It’s only right that I commend them for getting this diagnosis right after beating them over the head with some of their earlier follies.
I can certainly deal with the fact that Beltran is okay and that he may only be out a little longer than first anticipated.
What a relief…
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- TJ: on Complete Standstill: Mets Draw Line At Three Years, Granderson Wants Four: BBLB, I tend to agree. If an...
- oleosmirf: on Another Mets Trade To Ponder: Because of the Harvey injury, regardless of...
- Joe D: on Hot Stove: Cano and Mariners Agree On 10-Year, $240 Million Deal: Thank God this deal is done. Was...
- Metsie: on Hot Stove: Cano and Mariners Agree On 10-Year, $240 Million Deal: Signing Cano would be MONUMENTAL if the...
- TRS86: on Hot Stove: Cano and Mariners Agree On 10-Year, $240 Million Deal: LOL, Cano took the money and ran? http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/mariners-to-sign-robinson-cano.html
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!