NL East Report
Atlanta Braves: (1-2; -6)
The Braves lost their weekend series to the Milwaukee Brewers, including Tommy Hanson getting roughed up in his 1st career start. They return home to begin a 4 game set. Nate McLouth will get to meet his teammates again, as the Pirates come to Turner Field. The Braves have the 7th pick in Tuesday’s draft, and may likely take a pitcher. You can never have too many of those.
Florida Marlins: (1-2; -7.5)
The Marlins lost 2 of 3 to the San Francisco Giants, and will finish their 4 game set Monday night, before welcoming the St. Louis Cardinals. I love the Stadium gimmicks that the Marlins employ. Sunday was Dan Uggla Piggy Bank day. Tonight is Work-Force Monday, where if you bring proof of unemployment, you can get up to 4 tickets free. Tuesday is CPA Appreciation Night, where Certified Public Accountants receive an approved CPE course prior to the game, includes CPE credit hours, 1 Club Level ticket to the game, stadium dollars and parking. The Marlins pick 18th in Tuesday’s draft and are looking for pitching.
Philadelphia Phillies: (1-2; Leader)
The Phillies finished a 3 game set in Los Angeles, losing the first two games but taking the third. Closer Brad Lidge blew the save of Friday and Saturday night. Lidge will remain as closer for the beginning of the Mets series. Although Lidge is a far cry from last year’s perfect season, setup man Ryan Madson has been strong. The Phillies do not have a 1st round pick in the upcoming draft, as a result of the Ibanez signing, and SS Jimmy Rollins has passed Hanley Ramirez in All-Star Game voting, giving Philadelphia three potential starters, as Raul Ibanez has taken the top spot among outfielders, leading Ryan Braun and Carlos Beltran. Voting ends July 2.
Washington Nationals: (1-2; -18)
The Nationals lost 2 of 3 to the Mets, but are only concerned with two words, $teven $trasburg. The Nats have the 1st and 10th picks in Tuesday’s draft, and will likely take Strasburg, setting off a summer-long battle with Scott Boras over the rookie pitcher’s price. With the 10th pick, they will likely take another pitcher. The Nationals lead the 2010 #1 pick race by 8 gms. over the Baltimore Orioles.
Till Next Time
About the Author: Former Writers
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Scott Rice's Arm: on Mets vs Cubs: Davis Not In Lineup As Gee Looks For A Win In Rubber Match: I've pitched 25 games so far and...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: And Collins is the "ultimate Patsy" because...
- Christopher: on Mets vs Cubs: Davis Not In Lineup As Gee Looks For A Win In Rubber Match: Lagaras! Big hit. Let's go Mets! Wooooohooooo!
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: Ultimate blame goes on the Bozo's(Wilpons) who...
- Al: on Mets vs Cubs: Davis Not In Lineup As Gee Looks For A Win In Rubber Match: The mets are the Third worst club...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!