J.J. Putz Will Have Surgery And Miss 8-12 Weeks
As reported by the Mets, reliever J.J. Putz will have surgery to remove a bone spur in his right elbow and miss at least two months.
The NY Post writes,
The team confirmed Putz’s decision after the former All-Star closer had his ailing elbow examined by team doctors this morning in New York.
Putz, who has been bothered by the bone spur in his elbow since last summer, when he was still with the Mariners, is expected to have the surgery immediately
Putz finally admitted he was limited by pain in the elbow Thursday in Pittsburgh after he allowed two runs on three hits in just one inning of work in the Mets’ 11-6 loss to the Pirates.
That outing came less than a day after Jerry Manuel had yanked Putz’s eighth-inning set up role due to poor performance. Putz allowed seven runs on nine hits and two walks in his final three appearances, a stint that covered just 1 1/3 innings.
What a killer.
You just can’t help but wonder if this could have been avoided had it been identified and treated earlier.
Just another tough break for the Mets in a season where there have already been too many tough breaks.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Metstheory22: on Mets Have Opportunity To Soar To New Heights: He pitched well for us once we...
- Metstheory22: on The Next Japanese Phenom: Shohei Otani: Yeah, I forgot that guy since he...
- Connor O'Brien: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: I said it in the comments and...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: You do not state you disagree with...
- Freddy: on Plawecki Nearing A Promotion From Savannah: Maybe they had other motivations. Nimmo is...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!