Braves Acquire Nate McLouth From Pirates
Nate McLouth has been traded to the Atlanta Braves.
The Braves have acquired All-Star outfielder Nate McLouth from the Pirates in exchange for three highly-regarded Minor League prospects.
A Major League source had confirmed that the Pirates will send McLouth to the Braves in exchange for left-handed pitcher Jeff Locke, outfielder Gorkys Hernandez and right-handed pitcher Charlie Morton.
McLouth, who is hitting .256 with nine homers and a .470 slugging percentage this year, will likely serve as the Braves every day center fielder. The 26-year-old outfielder hit .276 with 26 homers and 94 RBIs last year.
Wow… That’s a heck of a good deal for the Braves.
Earlier today, the Braves cut Tom Glavine. Making room for pitching phemom Tommy Hanson?.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/17/2013
- Metro12: on Injury Update: Wheeler To Rejoin Las Vegas Rotation Next Wednesday: Well said, good doctor. You hit the...
- Dave In Spain: on Mookie On Valdespin: Give The Kid A Chance, He’s A Very Spirited Kid…: 1. I have no problem with personality...
- DrDooby: on D’Arnaud To Remain In Boot Camp For Two More Weeks: The way it looks, d´Arnaud is...
- DrDooby: on Injury Update: Wheeler To Rejoin Las Vegas Rotation Next Wednesday: In terms of young talent, Sandy essentially...
- Matt Este: on D’Arnaud To Remain In Boot Camp For Two More Weeks: MATT HARVEY IS GOD !!!
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!