Barack, Bellies and Baseball
For one night this summer, the Brooklyn Cyclones will be transformed into the Baracklyn Cyclones, honoring the 44th President of the United States with a night of patriotic partying at the ballpark.
The landmark game will take place on Tuesday, June 23rd – the “Inaugural Tuesday” of the 2009 New York-Penn League season – and will feature, among other highlights:
- Alternate red, white, and blue jerseys adorned with the team’s new name.
- FREE Barack Obama bobbleheads to the first 2,500 fans in attendance.
- Universal Health Care: Free Band-Aids to the first 1,000 fans.
- Naming Rights: Anyone named Barack gets in for free.
- Joe the Plumber special: any plumber named Joe gets two free tickets – one for himself, and one to “spread the wealth” with a friend.
- A clear-cut Exit Strategy: fans will receive American Flags and discount coupons as they leave the ballpark.
In addition, the Cyclones will hold four seats directly behind home plate, Row A, Seats 1-4, for the new First Family, should they decide to attend the festivities.
“Barack Obama has energized and captivated the entire country, and we are proud to support our new president as America enters a new era in its history,” said Cyclones General Manager Steve Cohen. “The similarities between his name and our home borough opened up avenues for the Cyclones to incorporate that support in interesting and humorous ways.” Cohen further explained that “the President-elect’s message is one of change. In an effort to pay homage to that idea, we’re changing our prices, our policies, and the name of our team – for one day, at least.”
Game-worn jerseys from the one-of-a-kind night will be auctioned off throughout the game, with proceeds being donated to the Jackie Robinson Foundation, which provides comprehensive scholarships and support services to minority students enrolled at institutions of higher education.
I think this is hilarious!
The Cyclones may have the two zaniest promo days I’ve ever heard of. On July 19th, they will celebrate “Baseball and Bellies” a salute to pregnancy. Some of the events that day will include:
For more info or tickets go here.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
MMO Mets Chat
- Little Nicky: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: Did you hear Collins making excuses for...
- Hank: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: I really feel like the Mets intentionally...
- 86mets: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: Gee or Hefner getting bumped by Wheeler?...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: MARCUM FOR STANTON LETS DO IT!!! LETS...
- Met Maniac: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: You have to wait a couple of...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!