Reyes Leaves Game With Leg Injury
Jose Reyes came out of the game tonight after an apparent leg injury after trying to beat out a single in the third inning.
The Mets released this statement on their website shortly after.
Mets shortstop Jose Reyes left Wednesday’s game against the Dodgers in the bottom of the third inning after aggravating a previous injury to his right calf. He is day to day.
Making just his second start of the week, Reyes had missed the previous five games with tendinitis in his calf. He said prior to Wednesday’s game that he was still not feeling 100 percent but that he was continuing to feel better every day.
In the top of the third inning, Reyes was forced to run hard down the first-base line on a ball that Dodgers second baseman Orlando Hudson ranged into the hole to field. Reyes did not join his teammates on the field for the bottom of the inning, replaced at shortstop by Ramon Martinez.
This stinks… We have no depth at shortstop, no depth at first base, it’s crazy…
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Lotus1209: on The Next Japanese Phenom: Shohei Otani: Omar had the second highest bid for...
- Fonzie13: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Hey Dr Dooby! From one fan that...
- Hotstreak: on Mets Have Opportunity To Soar To New Heights: Maybe Matt Cerone can ride Shot Gun...
- Clayton Collier: on Mets Have Opportunity To Soar To New Heights: Yeah, your right R.J., just look at...
- Christopher: on The 2013 Mets Are Suffering From A Lack Of Accountability: Alderson has been to 3 world series...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!