Oliver Perez Suffers Setback
Beleaguered Mets starter Oliver Perez (DL: Patellar Tendinitis) will be immediately removed from his rehabilitation stint in AAA Buffalo, and will be returned to the Mets facility in Port St. Lucie. An MRI taken Thursday revealed that Perez still had lingering inflammation of the patellar ligaments. Perez would have started for the Bisons tomorrow afternoon.
Mets GM Omar Minaya had this to say:
“We’re going to pull him back from the minor league rehab and send him to Florida, where he can recuperate more before we get him out there pitching again,”
Perez will likely spend time in Florida until his knee is clear of any inflammation, before he begins another rehab stint in Buffalo.Dan Warthen had Perez experimenting with a modified delivery.
My informal analysis: Whatever time you expected Ollie back, add a month-and-a-half to that.
About the Author: Former Writers
- mega: on Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: I live in Binghamton and am a...
- METS62FAN: on Adam Rubin: Current Mets Payroll Projection At $75.4 Million: FLATBUSH, U DO REALIZE THEIR COUNTER TO...
- metfanlou: on Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: And what happens when June 1st rolls...
- DD: on Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: Not so sure about the Winter ball...
- Hawk: on Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: I agree that Ike should be playing...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!