Oliver Perez Suffers Setback
Beleaguered Mets starter Oliver Perez (DL: Patellar Tendinitis) will be immediately removed from his rehabilitation stint in AAA Buffalo, and will be returned to the Mets facility in Port St. Lucie. An MRI taken Thursday revealed that Perez still had lingering inflammation of the patellar ligaments. Perez would have started for the Bisons tomorrow afternoon.
Mets GM Omar Minaya had this to say:
“We’re going to pull him back from the minor league rehab and send him to Florida, where he can recuperate more before we get him out there pitching again,”
Perez will likely spend time in Florida until his knee is clear of any inflammation, before he begins another rehab stint in Buffalo.Dan Warthen had Perez experimenting with a modified delivery.
My informal analysis: Whatever time you expected Ollie back, add a month-and-a-half to that.
About the Author: Former Writers
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/18/2013
- Sandy Alderson's cough: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: ...hmmmm...arghhh..AHEM...cough...huhhh...ahem.. As we were all watching Wheeler standing...
- Russell Zanca: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Wreck it like Recker!!!
- El Sid: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Recker! Wheeler! Woohoo! Harvey! Future!
- Russell Zanca: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Despite five BBs, I thought Wheeler looked...
- RandomGuy: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: This umpire's strike zone is absurd, for...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!