Keep Your Fingers Crossed On Reyes, Mets Internal Options Bleak
Mets shortstop Jose Reyes will be in New York today for tests and imaging on his sore right calf.
Reyes took himself out of last night’s game after he aggravated the injury running hard to first base to beat out a grounder.
I did some research and according to WebMD, calf strains may be minor or very severe and physician grade the injury according:
- Grade 1 Calf Strain : The muscle is stretched causing some small micro tears in the muscle fibers. Full recovery takes approximately two weeks.
- Grade 2 Calf Strain : There is partial tearing of muscle fibers. Full recovery takes approximately 5-8 weeks.
- Grade 3 Calf Strain : This is the most severe calf strain with a complete tearing or rupture of muscle fibers in the lower leg. Full recovery can take 3-4 months and, in some instances, surgery may be needed.
Reyes has been the subject of much scrutiny by Mets fans on sportstalk radio the last two weeks, with many of them even suggesting he be traded and that he wasn’t really hurt. Shame on them.
The scrutiny was undeserved and now that we face the possibility of losing Jose Reyes for two weeks on the DL, I those fans can finally see just how important Reyes is to this team.
I can’t even bare the thought of Ramon Martinez or Argenis Reyes shouldering the load everyday at shortstop. The best option the Mets have in the minors is Reese Havens, but he’s in Class-A and still at least two years away from contributing.
The best we can do as Mets fans is pray hard and keep our fingers crossed that Reyes comes out of NYC with a good prognosis. It’s already become hard for the Mets to bare the loss of Carlos Delgado, but adding Reyes to that mix would be truly catastophic.
Good luck today, Jose…
This Mets fan truly appreciates all of your amazing talents and can’t wait to see you back in the lineup and smiling again.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Old Dude: on Wright Excited To Have Granderson On Board, Alderson Determined To Get Deal Done: Just asking because I don't know. Has...
- Captain America: on MMO Flashback: Beltran Will Go Into The Hall Of Fame As A…: Do they lose their 1st 2nd and...
- Old Dude: on Wright Excited To Have Granderson On Board, Alderson Determined To Get Deal Done: Granderson basically replaces Byrd's output, Chris Young...
- taskmaster4450: on MMO Flashback: Beltran Will Go Into The Hall Of Fame As A…: The Yankees arent a playoff team at...
- taskmaster4450: on MMO Flashback: Beltran Will Go Into The Hall Of Fame As A…: "Why aren’t (8) 100 RBI seasons HOF...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!