If You’re Going To Play Both Murphy and Reed…
Maybe someone can help me out on this, but if both Jeremy Reed and Daniel Murphy are in the lineup, shouldn’t you play Reed in leftfield and Murphy at first base?
Wouldn’t it make sense to be defensively flawed at one position rather than two?
Jeremy Reed is a fine defensive outfielder, and in his career he has less than five starts at first base all of them coming as a Met this month.
If Dan Murphy is the heir apparent to Carlos Delgado at first base, why was Jeremy Reed playing first instead of leftfield?
I guess it’s just another one of those Jerry Manuel head-scratchers.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- L.J.Phipps: on Is Ike Davis Really Mike Jacobs Reincarnated?: Hey do you remember Rob Deer? Did...
- B-Met Fan: on It’s Time For The Mets To Save Ike Davis: Ike knows he's goofed when he makes...
- B-Met Fan: on Mets Swept After Ike Davis Blunder Ignites 7-4 Reds Win: Ike seems to be losing focus and...
- B-Met Fan: on Wheeler Pitches Five Innings, Shakes Off Some Rust: It's good to see him back on...
- Chuck: on It’s Time For The Mets To Save Ike Davis: "In every sport, having the best players...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!