MLB News: Cole Hamels Injured, Leaves Game
Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels left Thursday’s series finale against the Milwaukee Brewers after being struck in the shoulder by a line drive.
One pitch after giving up a two-run homer to Ryan Braun in the fourth inning, Prince Fielder laced an infield single that hit Hamels in the front of his left shoulder.
Trainers immediately tended to Hamels, who left the game with what the team called a left shoulder contusion.
He was replaced by J.A. Happ.
Hamels was the MVP of the 2008 NL Championship Series and World Series, but is off to a rough start this season. He had an 11.17 ERA through his first two starts.
He had cruised through the first three innings Thursday, striking out six of the nine batters he faced.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- WilponsStink: on Mets Back Off On Bartolo Colon Due To Demands: They better not trade Ike and/or Murph...
- taskmaster4450: on Roy Halladay Announces Retirement: He had the injury a decade ago. If...
- jdon: on Thoughts On Syndergaard or Montero Making Team Out Of Spring Training: if you do it, you do it...
- jdon: on Mets Back Off On Bartolo Colon Due To Demands: thank you, Jesus. If they had...
- jdon: on Roy Halladay Announces Retirement: isn't he the guy Harvey said bypassed...
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!