Mets Release Freddy Garcia
After a terrible spring and a couple of dismal starts at AAA-Buffalo, the Mets have cut their losses and released starting pitcher Freddy Garcia.
Garcia was initially viewed as the favorite to win the fifth starter’s job in spring training, after signing a one year minor league deal with the Mets. However, Garcia never regained the velocity or control that once made him a top starting pitcher in the American league.
Officially, he ends his Mets professional career with an 0-2 record and an 8.18 E.R.A. for Buffalo, including a disastrous outing on Monday, when he gave up seven runs in five innings against Syracuse.
After that start, Garcia told the Buffalo News that he was contemplating retirement. He’ll have more free time to think things over now.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Hawk: on Our Ike Davis May Not Even Be The Best Ike Davis: I heard someone say on the radio...
- mailman: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: 'Cause Wally has such an impressive record...
- Hawk: on Jose Reyes Is Running Again And Making A Rapid Recovery: Please reacquire Jose Reyes.
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: LMAO
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: He played there yesterday for only the...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!