There Are Three Times When It’s Okay To Lie About Your Age
As far as I’m concerned there are only three times when it is okay to lie about your age.
1. It’s okay for women to say they are 29 instead of 30, it’s an emotional plateau for them and if it makes them feel good, why not.
2. It’s okay to lie about your age if you were only 18 years old and you really needed a fifth of Absolut vodka after seeing the Mets choke in 2007, especially after Glavine allowed a small village to score in the first inning.
3. It’s okay to lie about your age if you’re only 15 or 16 and want to get in to see the recently released movie Watchmen without an accompanying parent or guardian. The movie is a must see!
For too long, Cubans and Dominicans have been lying about their age so that they can use it as leverage to get a larger professional contract in Major League Baseball.
They have been exploiting the system for years and years, and it finally looks like MLB is going to do something about it.
Major League Baseball is investigating more than 40 cases involving Dominican Republic prospects suspected of lying about their age upon signing professional contracts, according to the league’s vice president of international affairs.
Lou Melendez said on Wednesday the request came from the U.S. consulate in the Dominican Republic as a result of a new U.S. State Department policy.
We all know the names of those players who have duped many a team for financial gain, one of the most prominent ones played for the Mets, umm I mean got paid by the Mets just last season. I’ll just refer to him as Senor Bunion.
It’s about time MLB opens their eyes on this, even though it took some government intervention.
Thanks to bojudd of Amazin Avenue where I found the link to the story.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Hitman: on 2013 MLB Draft: Compiling & Analyzing 40 Mocks, Mets Consensus Picks: No picks for Meadows? Interesting.
- Cackletta: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: it's me :)
- Metsie: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Oh wait apologies to Fonzie....It's Donal who...
- Metsie: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Strawman? Hiya Fonzie! Couldn't use your old nick...
- Scott Rice's Arm's Soul: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Semantics and straw mans don't win arguments....
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!