Pounded Again! Call Pedro!
Yesterday, I was told by many that I should not shed light on the solid performance by Pedro Martinez because it came against the Netherlands who happened to beat the Dominican Republic.
I was like so what? What does that matter? He went out there without the benefit of training in a Major League camp and tossed three shutout innings and struck out four. I only wish that just one of our potential number five starters could have pitched at least one scoreless inning. Combined, our number five starters (Niese, Livan, Garcia) have a 12.50 ERA through Saturday.
It just got uglier…
Today, Tim Redding made his long anticipated Mets spring debut and was rocked for five runs on five hits including two towering homeruns before finally being pulled out of the game after one-third of an inning.
His opponent? The University of Michigan. Now I guess the logic (or excuses) will be…
It’s only spring training… It was his first start… They were trying out new deliveries… It was 98 degrees that day…
Gimme a break…
Freddy Garcia actualy started the game and pitched two innings. The results… He gave up three hits and walked two hitters and was spared by two inning-ending doubleplays.
Let’s get Pedro Martinez in here! That’s what the majority of voters said yesterday when I posed the question:
Who Should Be The Mets Number 5 Starter?
Second thoughts anyone?
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Joey D.: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Hi Des, If Colon and Granderson is what...
- Joey D.: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Hi Alwayz, I'm serious about this but I...
- El Sid: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/410935973485510656
- DrDooby: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: The 74 wins also featured negative value...
- Ron Johnson: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: if signing colon with intention of trading...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!