The Mets Are America’s Team
Yes it’s true. He told me himself, the legendary Captain America. This past week I took a vacation to Universal Studios in Florida. Being a Mets fan, I couldn’t go to Universal Studios and not represent the Mets properly. So I put on the new stadium jacket my cousin got me for Christmas and headed out. Plus it was unseasonably cold so it served as warmth too. Among all of the cool things to do at the park, you can meet and greet the likes of Spiderman, Wolverine, Rogue, and in this case Captain America. The good Captain took notice of my jacket and told me that the Mets were indeed his favorite team, which of course shot him up on my “Super Hero Status” gauge.
Now before anybody gets their undies in a bunch, I know that it is just a guy in a suit pretending to be Captain America. Thankfully, the line between fantasy and reality is not blurred for me.
I think that’s a good thing, having that child-like attitude that is. Others may think you’re a little delusional, but who cares? Despite the recent happenings with Alex Rodriguez and others, I still trust that the majority of the players who take the field are clean. That may be a little ignorant of me to believe that, but I need to believe in the basic good of these people, almost as much as I believe that every Spring Training, the Mets are destined to be champions. What would be the point of following the team? Or even writing blogs about them be?
I’m going to remain optimistic this season. I know there will be negativity that will come around, but not for long. My Pastor had this to say about negative thoughts.
“You can’t stop a bird from flying over your head, but you can keep him from nesting on it.”
So until the numbers say otherwise, “Let’s Go Mets!”
About the Author: Adam Baker
- Satish Ram: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Hey Neil, You'd be surprised how many players...
- Neil S.: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: I hope the players and their families...
- alfred: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Though looking on the bright side Ike...
- Markcomic1: on Choo Could Be Impact Outfielder For Mets In 2014, But Would Cost A Pick: Choo is a nice player but, Citifield...
- alfred: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Following team sing 67. Most unwatchable...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!