Kenny Rogers To Retire
Detroit Tigers pitching coach Rick Knapp is saying Kenny Rogers has decided to retire, according to mlive.com.
Rogers has not made this official. Knapp is claiming since he is close to the pitcher, he claims it as fact.
Other reports have indicated the 44 year old pitcher has been contemplating coming back in 2009 to give himself another year.
Should he retire, he will be known by one horrible moment in Mets Fan-dom and one immensely incredible year for the Tigers.
Who could ever forget the 1999 National League Championship Series against the Atlanta Braves?
Rogers came in the game in the bottom of the eleventh inning. He walked in the winning run after loading the bases. If you are going to lose, lose with dignity. Lose with a single or something. Not walking in the winning run.
To make matters worse, he walked off the mound shrugging his shoulders.
You can talk all you want about John Franco and Armando Benitez messing up. Rogers was called in and did not get the job done. It was his fault as well. He pitched scared.
For the Tigers fans, he will always be great.
During the 2006 postseason, Rogers went 3-0 having not allowed a run
in 23 innings of work. Nobody believed it and everyone began to assume
he was cheating.
Unfortunately, the Tigers could not finish off the St. Louis Cardinals.
I guess we will know in the next few days if he does decide to
retire. He just better not make his way to New York. Mets fans still
want a piece of him, including yours truly.
About the Author: Former Writers
- ill_egl: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: I think that demanding a certain amount...
- 86mets: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: Well, maybe they can appeal to the...
- Matt Este: on Mets Hitting Coach Says Davis Needs To Work Out Slump In Majors: Do they need a prime example of...
- Metfan Lou: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Peter, I posted the first comment. I read...
- Djmurphy: on Mets Hitting Coach Says Davis Needs To Work Out Slump In Majors: They should send him to AA to...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!