Pujols Wins MVP, Wright and Delgado In Top Ten
Albert Pujols has won the 2008 National League MVP Award.
Pujols hit .357 with 37 home runs and 116 RBIs while playing with a sore right elbow. He was rewarded despite the Cardinals’ fourth-place finish in the NL Central.
Pujols won by a comfortable margin over Philadelphia first baseman Ryan Howard. Milwaukee outfielder Ryan Braun was third and Los Angeles outfielder Manny Ramirez came in fourth place despit playing only two months with the Dodgers.
David Wright finished seventh and Carlos Delgado placed ninth.
|NL MVP Top 10 Award Voting|
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Metsie: on If Zack Wheeler Is In, Then Who’s Out?: It should be Marcum but these guys...
- Joe D: on If Zack Wheeler Is In, Then Who’s Out?: Shoutbox died tragically last night. It's in...
- Metsie: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: "Alderson said he wouldn't have taken the...
- Metsie: on Mets Are Ten Games Below .500 – It’s Starting To Feel Like 1978: Marco the end truth to their support...
- Russell's Mets: on If Zack Wheeler Is In, Then Who’s Out?: So the Mets are saying Wheeler will...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!