The Mets can still make the playoffs, either by winning the division or by winning the Wild Card. Sure it won’t be easy, but here’s how the Mets could be playing baseball in October.
Mets WIN NL East
- If Mets win next two games and Phillies lose next two games and Brewers lose two. (Tiebreaker goes to Mets)
Mets WIN NL Wild Card
- If Mets go 1-1, Phillies win one game, and Brewers go 0-2.
Phillies WIN NL East
- If Phillies win one of the next two games or a Mets loss.
Phillies WIN NL Wild Card
- If Phillies lose two games (0-2), Mets win division (2-0), and Brewers lose two (0-2).
Brewers WIN NL Wild Card
- If Brewers win one (1-1), Mets lose two (0-2), and Phillies win division.
- If Brewers win two (2-0).
If Mets, Phillies, and Brewers finish the season with the same record
- Mets will go to Phillies for a one-game playoff deciding the NL East champion.
- The loser of the matchup would host the Brewers for a one-game playoff deciding the NL Wild Card winner
You can only believe right? Anything can happen Mets fans and I’m sure the players don’t wanna be stuck in another baseball-less October.