Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda… It All Comes Down To This
What a season this has been…
It has taken 161 games just to get to this point, and it will take just one more game to figure out if this season was a disappointment or a huge success.
After yesterday’s heroic performance by Johan Santana, we now turn to “Big Game” Ollie in one of the biggest starts of his young career.
Going on three days rest for the first time since Game 7 (sorry I had to remind you) against St. Louis in the NLCS of 2006, Oliver Perez looks to hopefully continue hisseason long dominance against the Marlins for one more start. The Mets need not even worry themselves with watching what Milwaukee does, they only need to focus on themselves and on this one potential season ending game.
There have been many “what if’s” or “could’ve been’s” with the Mets this season, but the fact is, with all the agonizing losses, coaching firings, injuries, and at times just poor play, the Mets STILL control their own destiny, and a win would go a long way toward giving them a spot in the playoffs for the second time in three years.
If both the Mets and Brewers win or lose today, a one-game playoff will be hosted in Shea on Monday. Hopefully though, that 163rd game won’t be necessary and New York will be ready for the playoffs on Wednesday.
That being said, today we will still be saying our goodbyes to Shea forever.
Today will be an extremely emotional day for Met fans on many different levels with the ending of an era at Shea while the Amazin’s are in a dogfight for the Wild Card.
All I can say is strap in, and get ready, because the rollercoaster ride that is the 2008 New York Mets still has a few twists and turns to go!
About the Author: Former Writers
- Metsie: on MMO Fan Shot: How Granderson’s Power Plays In Citi Field: Don't do it Joe...Thats what caused most...
- Super T: on Adam Rubin: Current Mets Payroll Projection At $75.4 Million: "Choo? Price drop? Are you serious? Did...
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Adam Rubin: Current Mets Payroll Projection At $75.4 Million: You'd love to think they were that...
- Metsie: on Curtis Granderson Agrees To Four Year, $60 Million Deal With Mets: Alex if I were you I would...
- Mike Lloyd: on Curtis Granderson Is About To Join An Exclusive Club: That's why I don't like stats...'Grandersons' on-base,...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!