Shea Deserves Better Than This
Okay, it might not be as storied as Yankee Stadium but it still doesn’t change the fact that Shea Stadium is also closing, being knocked down, and destined to be a parking lot for Citi Field. I’m angry with the Mets right now. It seems like every year around this time, we turn into a bunch of choke artists. Johan Santana was supposed to pitch the game of his Mets career…..tomorrow. Now that desperation calls for Santana to pitch today after throwing 125 pitches on Tuesday. It could be pretty, but at the same time, the Marlins could rock Santana. And then who pitches Sunday? Ollie “Big Game” Perez? I saw what Ollie Perez could do on Wednesday. Granted, the Cubs are a much better team than the Marlins but this is a bigger game. I’d rather have Johan pitch tomorrow.
I was watching some of the last game at Yankee Stadium, and it was one of the first times I’ve actually seen Yankee fans embrace their team’s amazing history. It makes me wish we were in the bliss of mathematical elimination that way tomorrow’s game can be what it was meant to be: a day to embrace Shea Stadium’s history with Mets greats and some pretty Amazin’ highlights.
Instead, we’re still making a run for the playoffs. If we win the game and at least tie for the Wild Card, there will be instant euphoria because Shea will live to see another day. On the other hand, if we lose the game, we’ll be heartbroken. Shea would be closing without a playoff run. Another year, another punchline for ESPN.
This was supposed to be the final installment of Hot or Not. Everybody’s a Not. We need to be able to play well in September otherwise what we did in July and August doesn’t matter. Shea deserves better than this.
About the Author: Jessica DeMattia
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Hot Stove: Furcal Signs One Year Deal With Marlins, M’s Offer Cano $240 Million: Don't think Cano wants to be in...
- Metstheory22: on Hot Stove: Furcal Signs One Year Deal With Marlins, M’s Offer Cano $240 Million: And people here were going crazy saying...
- Markcomic1: on Words to the Wilpons: We Beg Of You, Sell The Team: I wish this were possible but, sadly...
- Rustyjr: on The 10 Worst Mets Pitching Staffs Since 1980: I'm surprised no team from '80-'83 made...
- the mad met: on Mets Drawing The Line At Three Years, Granderson Wants Four: Ive got a great trade for you...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!