I’ll Flip You For It
The Mets won a coin toss against the Brewers today to determine home-field advantage for a potential one-game wild card playoff between the two teams.
If the Mets and Phillies tie for first place and have better records than the runners-up in the other divisions, then the Mets will be the NL East champions based on their 11-7 head-to-head record against the Phillies, who would take the Wild Card. There would be no need for a one-game playoff, because both teams would make the postseason.
On September 12th, the Mets lost a coin flip against the Phillies to determine home-field advantage if a one-game playoff is needed to determine the NL East champion.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
MMO Mets Chat
- Metsie: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Well Leroy if they were TRULY ranked...
- ImaginaryFigment: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Teddy Klein May 12, 2013 at 12:28...
- Teddy Klein: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: I agree partially with you. But the word...
- Metsie: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: Have a good laugh but how can...
- Metsie: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: And yet you won't take that next...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!