An Open Letter To Jerry Manuel
Congratulations on your recent promotion to manager of the New York Mets. I have already said a prayer for you and I will be sure to light a candle for you on Sunday as well.
You probably have already been warned about staying on Tony Bernazard’s good side, and going to the SNY Gift shop and loading up on Loudmouths T-shirts and an SNY cap to wear at all times when you’re not in a Mets uniform. However, those things alone may not be enough to enhance your job security.
As a show of good faith, we at Mets Merized Online wanted to give you these additional 10 tips with the hope that you take them to heart because your livelihood may depend on it.
1. Keep your friends close and your enemies 3,000 miles away.
2. If you ever see a machete laying around in the backroom, run like hell.
3. Pitch counts may be hazardous to your health. Ignore them at all times.
4. If your going to scold one of your young stars, don’t do it in front of the cameras.
5. Stick up for your players on close plays so that in turn they might stick up for you.
6. Never answer your telephone at 3:00 AM unless it’s for some good phone sex.
7. If the Wilpons don’t return your phone calls, start worrying and upload your resume on monster.com.
8. Write a letter to congress explaining why you think every Sunday should be Fathers Day.
9. When Ian O’Connor comes around, only mention race when referring to the New York Marathon.
10. When SNY points the camera at you during ball games, show them your pearly whites and jump up and down like your hair’s on fire.
We hope you consider this good advice during your tenure as Mets manager. All of us at Mets Merized Online wish you the best of luck as you begin your new journey.
Mets Merized Online
P.S. Any chance you can send me a Mr. Met signed baseball?
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- ill_egl: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: * than 38yr old dickey and his...
- Billy: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: I wouldn't trade the Mets top pitching...
- ill_egl: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: So let me get this straight... you...
- Billy: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: D'Araud is a higher rated prospect than...
- ill_egl: on MetsMinors.net Is Here!: Im somewhat of a new reader and...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!