Mets Lack Of Execution Gives Randolph The Willies
The usually mild mannered Willie Randolph, was anything but that during his post game press conference this afternoon. A visibly distraught Randolph was as critical of his team’s performance than at any time since he took control of the team.
“That put a damper on a nice off-day, huh? Jeez,” Randolph said after the Mets fell below .500 (5-6) with an overall ugly display at Shea. “Hitting into five double plays is what happens when you don’t execute and take care of your business.”
You could tell how ticked off he was because he went out of his way to repeat himself and at times he named names and pointed fingers.
“Real disappointing, lots of guys on and five double plays, geez, this was just a giveaway game. We can’t have it. There’s no reason for that.”
His harshest criticism was for Oliver Perez and the seldom used Brady Clark who was called out at the plate after a meltdown on the base paths.
Many of us have been waiting for Willie to turn up the heat, and now it seems that 11 games into the new season, he has done just that. I’m interested in seeing how the players respond because sometimes these outbursts can have a way of backfiring. Hopefully it has the positive effect that I’m sure Willie intended.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- allen wan: on MLB Scout On Davis: Would Have Been Better Served Going To Minors Last Season: I don't understand why people care whether...
- DrDooby: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Harvey has improved by leaps & bounds...
- Hotstreak: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: oops Here is the link. http://rainierscurto.wordpress.com/2010/04/21/baseball-for-breakfast/
- Hotstreak: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Hi Joey D. This is 2007-2009 data PCL...
- Heybatter: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Don't think they give out cortisone shots...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!