Hey Jimmy, We Still Think the Mets are the Team to Beat
According to a poll on Mets Hot Stove Live on SNY, 77% of viewers still believe the Mets are the team to beat. Personally, I believe the Mets do still have the best team. Top to bottom, the lineup is a force to be reckoned with. The pitching is another story.
Was 2007 just a fluke, for both the Phillies and the Mets? Um, yes. Quite frankly, I think it was a fluke year for the Braves as well, and that they are going to be the team to give us trouble in 2008, not the Phillies. Granted the Braves are not the team they were in the 90’s, winning the division year after year after year. But the Phillies got lucky when the Mets decided they didn’t want it as badly as they did. To me, that’s all it comes down to. But enough about 2007.
Let’s face it, the Marlins and Nationals will be the number four and five teams in the NL East in 2008. Who will be at the top? You got it – Mets, Braves, Phillies.
About the Author: Former Writers
- Henry: on Shin-Soo Choo Could Be Impact Outfielder And Leadoff Man For Mets In 2014: If Wheeler and D'Araud looked really, really...
- Mr North Jersey: on Byrd Homers, Marcum Still Winless, Mets Fall To Reds 4-3: When Byrd hit that HR to tie...
- SaltyGary: on Things Spiralling Out Of Control For Ike Davis Offensively And Defensively: Amen, unfortunately I don't have a answer...
- jessep: on Things Spiralling Out Of Control For Ike Davis Offensively And Defensively: So you're backpedaling now? You're trying to...
- Alex68: on Things Spiralling Out Of Control For Ike Davis Offensively And Defensively: Ok, mention the word STAR 1B? look...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!