The 2008 NL MVP is Jimmy Rollins
Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins has been awarded the NL MVP award for 2008. The race was close and there was never really a for sure winner until it was announced today at 2 p.m. Matt Holliday and Prince Fielder were the other two candidates, and some might even say David Wright. Although most of us knew the Wright was out, when the Mets went out.
Nevertheless, the league has made its decision and Jimmy Rollins it is. He received 16 of 32 first-place votes and finished with 353 points in balloting by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America.
Rollins became the first player in history to collect at least 200 hits, 25 homers, 15 triples and 25 steals in a season. On the season, the switch-hitter batted .296, with 38 doubles, 20 triples, 30 homers, 94 RBIs, 41 stolen bases, 212 hits and 139 runs scored.
About the Author: Kelly Horn
MMO's graphic/web designer, the former Met Carlos Beltran's biggest fan, and one of the few but proud Oklahoma Mets Fans
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Al: on Rafael Montero Promoted To Las Vegas: Put Jamie Hoffman at first base and...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Rafael Montero Promoted To Las Vegas: " If only there were a few...
- Mr North Jersey: on Rafael Montero Promoted To Las Vegas: Just go out there and shut the...
- Sims: on Our Savior Has Arrived!: I need to see him get out...
- MetsHype: on Rafael Montero Promoted To Las Vegas: Wilmer Flores never played the OF before...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!