Another One Bites The Dust – Francisco Cordero Signs With The Reds
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, is reporting that the Reds have signed closer Francisco Cordero to a four-year, $46 million dollar contract according to his major league sources. It is the largest contract ever given to a closer and also includes an option for a fifth year that can bring the total value of the deal to $57 million dollars.
It’s the second significant hit that the Brewer’s bullpen has taken after losing Scott Linebrink to the White Sox on Wednesday.
I never thought of Cordero as a big time closer. He was effective and obviously solid, but he was not lights out. That’s a heck of a lot of money for a guy like him.
I hope everybody had a Happy Thanksgiving!
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- RandomGuy: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: I'll accept that single from Ike regardless...
- Michelle: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: If you have a GM that has...
- Michelle: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: Collins? Ha, ha! He's no Whitey Herzog. That's...
- Teddy Klein: on 2013 MLB Draft: Compiling & Analyzing 40 Mocks, Mets Consensus Picks: That was with Omar's administration. And Mejia...
- Hitman: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: If Mets lose this one, they will...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!