All They Are Is Dust In The Wind
Paul Lo Duca is getting back into the swing of things while rehabbing in St. Lucie. He appeared in both games of a double header last night while making his first rehab appearances. He caught five innings for Brooklyn and went 0-for-2 with a walk in the first game, and in the second game, he served as the DH and went 2-for-3 with a two-run homer.
He is expected to be activated on Monday and I assume that Sandy Alomar will be cut to make room for him on the roster.
That’s the easy part.
The hard part is figuring out who to cut to make room for Endy Chavez.
Chavez has already joined the team but has yet to be activated.
The only position players the Mets have options on are Ruben Gotay and Lastings Milledge. If anyone else get cut, they would have to go through waivers and the Mets would risk losing them entirely. The players in this category include Jeff Conine, Marlon Anderson, and Shawn Green.
It won’t be Gotay because he is the only backup infielder on the team.
It won’t be Jeff Conine, Marlon Anderson or Shawn Green either.
It seems like Lastings Milledge would be the logical choice, unless the Mets decide to cut a pitcher.
In that scenario, the Mets will most likely cut the rarely used Aaron Sele.
But, when you use 3-4 relievers a game, is it wise to shrink your bullpen with the Braves and Phillies series starting next week?
Stay tuned Mets fans…
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- Hitman: on 2013 MLB Draft: Compiling & Analyzing 40 Mocks, Mets Consensus Picks: No picks for Meadows? Interesting.
- Cackletta: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: it's me :)
- Metsie: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Oh wait apologies to Fonzie....It's Donal who...
- Metsie: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Strawman? Hiya Fonzie! Couldn't use your old nick...
- Scott Rice's Arm's Soul: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Semantics and straw mans don't win arguments....
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!