Paul Lo Duca Bobblehead With Tossable Accessories
I just had to share this article with you after I read it this morning. Kristie Ackert over at the Daily News really made me laugh with the opening paragraph to her column today.
Too bad there isn’t time to change the Paul Lo Duca bobble head doll that will be given away today at Shea. If there were, the miniature version of the Mets’ hot-headed catcher could not only come with a removable mask, but also tossable accessories such as a chest protector, helmet, shin guards, elbow protector and batting gloves.
I think it might be time to admit it. First we heard it’s only April. Then we heard it’s only May. Today we hear it’s only June. For crying out loud can we finally admit that Carlos Delgado is a bust this season!
Hey Carlos, it’s bad enough you’re not hitting, now you can’t field either?
Oh yeah, before I forget, Happy Birthday Carlos…
One last thing, before the game starts…
The Mets need to sweep the A’s for more than just the sake of another victory. They need to sweep so that they can prove to themselves that they can beat a playoff team. They need to sweep because they need to prove to the Phillies and Braves that they are still a force to be reckoned with. But mostly, they need to sweep the A’s to prove that the last 3 weeks of losing is definitely behind them.
So far, the Mets’ one and two starters have done the job. Today I believe John Maine will seal the deal.
Let’s Go Mets!
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/18/2013
- Seth Cohen: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: I think Ojeda is the reason the...
- El Sid: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: 4IP 2H 0ER 4BB 6K Nice so far...
- Brian Young: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Did Bobby Ojeda play the guy? Doesn't...
- Russell Zanca: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Yes, here's another vote for restoration of...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Wheeler needs to start throwing some strikes...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!